Handbook 2: Article 35 - Teaching
"The Lord has looked down from heaven upon the sons of men, to see if there are any who understand, who seek after God."
"The Lord is in His holy temple, the Lord's throne is in heaven; His eyes behold, His eyelids test the sons of men, the Lord tests the righteous and the wicked..."
Psalm 11:4, 5
"There is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are open and laid bare to the eyes of Him with whom we have to do."
What is God looking for? A checklist:
- Any who understand or who seek after Him
- Those who worship Him in Spirit and in Truth
- Those who fear Him
- Those who eagerly wait for His coming
- Those who are faithful even unto death
- Any who walk in His way
- Those who tremble at His word
- The humble and contrite of spirit
- Those who work righteousness
- Those who grieve about the abominations and lawlessness committed in His name
- All whose hearts are completely His
- Those who stand in obedience in the midst of rebellion
- A place for His name to dwell
« LastNext »