Every Day With Jesus
Handbook 1: Article 57 - Consider Jesus
Seek God's righteousness in everyday activities and relationships. When you're feeling guilty, anxious, insecure, angry, hurt, depressed ask God the following questions:
- Have I neglected You? Are You speaking to me and I'm not listening?
- Have I done something wrong? Have I sinned against You or someone else? If I'm feeling guilty is this from You, my own conscience, or a manipulation stirred up by someone around me?
- Is Satan stirring me up through an entrance I have given him -- fear, anger, frustration, impatience, doubting, etc.?
- Am I speaking the truth in my heart or making up excuses (lying to myself) to regain my equilibrium and soothe myself? Are my thoughts about this situation also Your thoughts?
- Is there something You want me to do? Forgive? Ask for forgiveness? Be silent? Speak up? Wait? Act?
Expect God to answer your questions where you are reading in your Bible. If His answer is not immediate, keep asking, keep reading. Sometimes there are things you must learn before you can understand the answer. And remember -- confusion does not originate
"Jesus was saying to them, 'Truly I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, unless
it is something He sees the Father doing, for whatever the Father does, these things the Son also does in like manner.'"
John 5: 19
« LastNext »